Interviewing is stressful enough so make it a little easier by creating a checklist of things you don’t want to forget. Here are some things to put on your list:
- Turn off all electronic devices BEFORE you enter your interview.
- Maintain good posture in the waiting room. Remember, how you look when they come to greet you creates their first impression.
- Throw out your gum before you enter the building.
- Maintain high energy and enthusiasm.
- Never be late.
- Both men and women should always wear a suit on their first interview… unless the company specifically states not to.
- Bring mints. (You don’t want to be remembered for the wrong thing.)